Open call: Artists invited to apply for Scratch Night
We are delighted to welcome back our popular Scratch Night at Pyramid Arts Centre on Thursday, 16 November.
A scratch night offers performing artists and companies (who are no longer in full time education or training), the opportunity to showcase works in progress and receive peer and audience review / feedback.
We aim to present work from a diverse range of artists including but not limited to dance, theatre, music and spoken word. This opportunity is open to north west creatives within a 40-mile radius of Warrington.
Presented in an informal and relaxed environment creatives will present work in progress that has already undertaken research and development and is being structured into a performance. Following each sharing creatives will be able to ask the audience questions to gain feedback and insight for further development of their work.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Work created for a live audience
• Work that can be programmed into our studio theatre
• Short new pieces, which have had little or no previous audience exposure, (or an excerpt from a longer work)
PROPOSALS SHOULD BE FOR PIECES THAT ARE:
• Between 5 – 20 minutes max in duration
• Simple tech and adaptable to quick turnarounds
• Self-supporting in terms of props/set/equipment
Culture Warrington will offer £150 fee per work presented.
• Please provide a short overview of the work you are applying for and a supporting video clip
• Email your proposal to: [email protected]
• Deadline: Sunday, 1 October 2023.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING WITHIN YOUR PROPOSAL:
• Title of work:
• Name of artists/ company:
• Contact email address:
• Number of performers:
• Art form / genre:
• Duration of the piece:
• Synopsis of the work:
• Performance space requirements:
• Technical requirements:
• Website / social media handles:
• Any access needs:
• Footage of work:
Selection will be led by Culture Warrington staff based on the strength of the artistic idea, the suitability for this particular event and for technical and logistical feasibility.