Support artists needed for creative activity programme
The Bubble up programme consists of four weeks of creative activities, for children aged 7-11 as part of the HAF (Holiday Activities & Food programme).
This is a fantastic role for students and recent graduates who wish to develop their skills and knowledge in engaging children and young people in creative arts.
Overview of support artists role:
– Support the lead creative artist with workshop delivery; workshops will consist of a wide variety of activities such as dance, theatre and visual arts, you must be prepared to engage and support with all activities.
– Encourage engagement and support any children who require additional support/ encouragement.
– Coordinate and support your selected group of children as they navigate/ change spaces within the Pyramid arts centre
– Supervise lunch, breaktimes and toilet breaks
– Support lead artist with greeting and registering children and signing out at the end of the day.
– Set up and clear up of room at the start and end of the day
– Covid-19 depending regular cleaning of studio touch points (door handles, tables etc)
Dates and times of programme;
Week 1: 26th, 28th, 29th & 30th July
Week 2: 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th August
Week 3: 9th, 11th, 12th, 13th August
Week 4: 16th, 18th, 19th, 20th August
Times 9:30am -3:30pm (Activities will run 10am- 2:50pm including lunch and breaks)
Fee: £100/ day.
We would prefer that support artists can commit to a minimum of a full week of work rather than a few days. Please specify your availability from the above weeks, four weeks commitment is preferable.
– An interest/ experience of performing/ visual arts (Desirable)
– Experience of working with children and young people (Essential)
– DBS check (Essential)
– Public Liability Insurance (Desirable)
Please email Leah Biddle detailing how you fit the role requirements and the personal specification by Wednesday 14 July.
Email: [email protected]